- Spelling mistakes on the website – this is unprofessional and reflects the quality of the work the company will produce when working on your essay.
- Web presence – legitimate services have a web presence, which makes them accountable for the quality of their work. Being on the 1st page of Google is not an indication of reputation. Also take into consideration the professional look of a website.
- UK registration number – legitimate services will have a registration number. Ours is 07645553. Larger companies must also have VAT registration numbers; we are too small to have one.
- Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – legitimate services will be registered as data controllers with the ICO. Our registration number is Z2704411.
- UK telephone number- some companies will have a UK number that will then divert abroad; listen for if the ring tone changes. Always call, if only to check that someone answers.
- Be careful of big claims – e.g.1.5 Million satisfied customers; this would be a huge company and thus you would be able to verify this claim by checking the company account online. Also claiming to be the ‘No. 1′ essay company means nothing.
- Always try and ensure your writer has native English – it is rare to find a native English speaker who can obtain a perfect command of the written word and thus it is almost unheard of that someone can reach this level when English is their second language.
- Payment via credit card is highly desirable – as you are then protected by the credit card company; PayPal offers very little protection. We don’t offer credit card as we are such a small company that it is not cost effective to have a terminal. This is why we offer payment via instalments.
- Check the company address on Google maps – any reputable organization will be locatable. However, having a .co.uk domain name does not mean you are dealing with a UK company. India, Pakistan and Ukraine are the known hotspots for fraudulent companies offering student services.
Perhaps the least fraud filled sub-area of the writing services industry is the essay editing service. This is because you are the one providing the original content and it is harder for them to use plagiarised content. However, even with essay editing it is still possible to be given bad quality work, and this is usually harder to get a refund for than outright plagiarised work. Following the checklist given above you can easily avoid all of the potential problems that come with employing an essay editing service.
Fraud is understandably the most pressing concern of people seeking writing services of all kinds including dissertation writing services and essay editing services. Therefore, almost all websites will offer you a promise of reliability and honesty. However, if they are genuine then they can prove it by meeting all of the above criteria.
- Access to your own personal tutor between 10 and 10pm UK time 7 days a week, although I do leave the house every now and then!
- Trust in the knowledge that a PhD holder is assisting you.
- I’m a registered quality controller with the Information Commissioners Office, which means the confidentiality of your work is protected by UK Law (anyone handling your work should be registered with the ICO, but few are).
- All work comes with 2 plagiarism reports.
- There are no hidden extras – references and plagiarism reports are included in the quoted price.
- Amendments are free of charge, as long as they are in-line with the original instructions.
- As you deal with me directly I can offer my services at 30% less than the larger UK companies.
Dr Nicola Davies.